1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Did you or a relative attend Expo 1967 in Montreal Canada ?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Britjan, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

This week I saw an excellent documentary at a local independent cinema in Hamilton Ontario . It brought back many memories of attending Expo 67 about three years after I emigrated to Canada.

2. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

My husband and I attended Expo67 in May-June of that year. We drove from Edmonton to Toronto, along with my sister and her very young daughter, where we stayed with another sister for a couple of days, visiting with assorted family members and also my terminally-ill mother for the last time (she passed away in January 1968; my Dad was already gone). We then left my sister and niece in Toronto and drove to Montreal, where we stayed with very dear friends from our Air Force days. (still our oldest and dearest friends, now living in B.C.) We enjoyed Expo67 very much and have many pictures to remind us, should we pull out those old albums. We also had a book, which went with the downsizing after several moves since then.

I might add that the trip to Toronto was not uneventful; our car was rear-ended the night before we left and I suffered from whiplash all the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

Talking of Canadian exhibitions I found a glossy hard cover book about Expo 1986 in British Columbia for $1.00 in a book sale yesterday.

4. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

One of my rainy day projects is to go through my negatives, recapture some of my memories and digitise them. I have a couple of photo albums but none of that trip, sadly I've lost touch with the young women I went with.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2019
  5. Katie Bee

Katie Bee LostCousins Member

My brother in law was working in Canada at the time and visited Expo67.
    I remember him talking about it and he brought mementos back for the family.
    I cannot remember what they were!

6. Britjan

Britjan LostCousins Star

7. canadianbeth

canadianbeth LostCousins Star

And I just turned 78 last week. :) I need old pictures to remind me too.

We attended Expo86 as well; and stayed with the same dear friends. :)