1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

The Wilson Collection

Discussion in 'More New Zealand Resources' started by peter, Jun 21, 2021.

1. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Posted on behalf of LostCousins member Diane Wilson:

I have recently launched a free Index bringing together 40 years of my New Zealand research under the title:

The Wilson Collection.

This free Index includes all NZ marriages 1856-1956 and matching bridge/groom with +250,000 annotated for place of marriage. This is my current project and a work in progress.

The Wilson Collection also includes electoral rolls, burial locations, early settlers and WWI records.

Please try out this resource and post your comments on the forum.

2. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

I've just tried this out and it seems a very easy site to use. It's also useful to be able to search a range of sources in one place.

Much of what I've found so far I already knew about but not all of it, and so far I've restricted my search to people with unusual surnames, and who I already knew to be in NZ.

But from what I saw in my brief investigation, I would recommend this site as a useful resource.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    • Good tip Good tip x 1
  3. I agree.
    I have no reason to research NZ records because my ancestry is England and Ireland.
    However, I will recommend the Wilson Collection to the members of the genealogy group that I am involved with here in NZ.

4. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Please let me know what they make of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jorghes

jorghes LostCousins Superstar

Does seem very easy to search - I had a look for a record of my 4x great grandfather who died in Auckland in 1893 and he popped up.

Seems very useful.

6. It's a bit like pulling hens teeth but I have managed to obtain responses from some of the group, all favourable.
    This is the response from a man in the group who is experienced:
    1. Did I know about ? - No.
    2. What do I think ? - Awesome, looks to be accurate and thorough.
    3. Would I recommend ? - Yes, most certainly, would be a good starting point.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1