1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Parish Locator Software

Discussion in 'Utilities to download' started by GillyGC, Feb 18, 2022.

1. GillyGC

GillyGC LostCousins Member

Hello everyone,

I've got myself a new laptop and wanted to download the incredibly useful Parish Locator... I've put a search into Google and found the website, I think, but when I click the 'Download' button I keep getting taken to Ancestry.

Has it been discontinued? Or does anybody know the current and correct download link, please?

Cheerio for now,

Gill

2. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

I do not use the site but a quick Google found Parish Locator straight away. It is quite easy to be side tracked when searching by clicking on 'lure' sites, and both Ancestry & FMP get up to those tricks. Whether this was the reason or not the site can be found here Parish Locator I assume this is the site you seek, and hopefully not another 'lure' site.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

As I don't have any ancestors from Scotland or Wales (yet) I use the maps at FamilySearch - which are easier to use and more powerful.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  4. GillyGC

Thank you, but that is the very place I went to... however, what should have been an easy download after clicking on the link was nothing of the sort... a link to Ancestry occurred and a series of questions. I didn't see ANY download link on that new page.

5. Bob Spiers

Bob Spiers LostCousins Superstar

Oh, so it was a hidden 'lure' and I did not take it further. I did manage to find another Parish Locator with the title 'Our Bennett and Family History Parish Locator site' which others recommend, see if that suits or as Peter says use Family Search Maps.

6. GillyGC

Brilliant, Bob... thank you!
    It's now downloaded and saved... and tested!
    Muchas gracias!