1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Historical Notes and Memorial Inscriptions from Ghana

Discussion in 'Africa' started by Jennie, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Jennie

Jennie LostCousins Member

I used M. E. J. Crew’s informative website while researching a relative who invested in the Ashanti Gold Mining Fields in 1895 and who later died there of malaria.

As far as I can ascertain, death and/or burial dates range from 1810-1981. Birth dates are frequently given.

2. Jennie

Ghana is in West Africa but no available Forum. Perhaps a more generalised one of "Africa" or similar, please?

3. Alexander Bisset

Alexander Bisset Administrator Staff Member

I think the idea was to use "Rest of the World" when no specific geographical forum exists. The key ones Peter has selected are the "colonies" where the bulk of UK emigrants will have travelled to. PS. Yes I'm aware some of the colonies threw their tea, sorry toys out of the pram and are no longer colonies, but we forgive them. :rolleyes: (for avoidance of doubt tongue firmly embedded in cheek here).

4. Jennie

Perhaps you could arrange for a removal to its correct home, along with gold and teabags, please? ;)

5. Geoff23

Geoff23 New Member

Still not under Africa, but the Ghana link seems to be dead, so there might be no point in moving this thread.