1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

94 year old man found his father's 1930s car

Discussion in 'Comments on the latest newsletter' started by SueM, Oct 22, 2023.

1. SueM

SueM LostCousins Member

This item certainly rang a loud bell with me ... I also discovered lots of information about not just one of my father's old cars, but several!

Many years ago, on the page of own family history website about my father Leonard Ward
    https://www.mastelfamily.com/leonardward I included a photo of my dad with one of his first motor cars, reg. no. JW 9133 (I guessed it was taken before he was even married). So I was astonished to receive an email from a man which included a photo of what was undoubtedly the same car as it had the identical number plate. This initial contact led to ANOTHER car enthusiast, who turned out to be working on ANOTHER of my dad's old cars (reg no. MV 1344) The renovation of this second car was described in the Automobile Magazine March 2022 issue)

Fired with enthusiasm, I went through all my dad's old photo albums, extracting further images of his motor cars - you can read more about my discoveries on this page of the website
    https://www.mastelfamily.com/photos-of-len-s-cars

How I wish my father was still alive when all this information surfaced, particularly as both the car enthusiasts lived down in Cornwall, very close to where my parents retired.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 3