1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

A change at My Heritage

Discussion in 'DNA Questions and Answers' started by sunflower, Oct 10, 2023.

1. sunflower

sunflower LostCousins Member

Has anyone else noticed a change in accessibility with My Heritage?

Every Sunday I get my new matches for myself and 3 siblings whose accounts I manage. In the more recent past I have not been able to see their matches apart from the top one which is usually one of my siblings. However, I can now see all their matches along with the chromosome charts which is very handy. I was having a very productive 5 minutes when up pops a message to say that I had used all my 'free' matches and to try again the next day. I no longer subscribe as I have Ancestry and FMP so although it would be nice to have MH, it is unaffordable.

Is this the way it is now, I tried to find out but there is nothing that I can see on their site and no way of contacting them just the usual Q & A section which did not cover that subject. I am happy I can get more out of it but would like to know how many searches can be made before times up.

2. Sue_3

Sue_3 LostCousins Member

I manage my cousin's DNA on MyH and only ever got to see details of their matches when MyH gave me free full access for a short while (think it was a month?) after I'd experienced a glitch with details of my own matches. Possibly I also got free access for a short while after I uploaded my cousin's DNA, they do offer that from time to time. I eventually paid a one-off fee of £35 to be able to view full details of my cousin's matches permanently (but I can see that paying three times that would be more of an issue).

3. sunflower

sunflower LostCousins Member

I saw that Sue and considered it but then wondered if it only allowed access on one of my siblings matches and as you say 3 x £35 is a lot for something I can live without. Now I can see everything but limited to a certain number of views, how long for, I do not know.

• Agree Agree x 1