1. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

2. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  3. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  4. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

Cause of death

Discussion in 'Comments on the latest newsletter' started by Pauline, May 6, 2020.

1. Pauline

Pauline LostCousins Megastar

The cause of death given on a death certificate was mentioned again in the latest newsletter, this time in relation to 'Old Age' being given as a cause of death, and whether it is allowed today.

While I am unsure about any very recent changes, it was definitely still allowed in 2016 when my father died - 'Old Age' being given as the cause of death at 1a. (Other things were mentioned at 2.)

His doctor checked with us as family that we were happy with this, and said it was acceptable as a cause of death in people over 80. We agreed, as although it is in a sense unsatisfactory, the alternative would have been a post mortem, with its consequent delays to the registration and funeral etc.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I've updated the article after an email from a registrar, and provided a link to the full information.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2