1. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

2. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  3. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  4. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

GRO digital images

Discussion in 'Latest news' started by Susan, Jul 6, 2023.

1. cfbandit

cfbandit LostCousins Member

I've had that come up a few times, in general it has been a delay in processing, which I took to mean the problem was in the original image so they wanted me to go to the PDF so another check can be done.

But overall, I have to say I've been very impressed. The affordability of the images has made it much easier to order them, and I've ordered a...lot. ;)

I keep holding out hope for the marriage records to come this way as well, but totally get that will probably never happen. I just get random packages from Sweden in the mail that have marriage certificates I ordered months before in them...

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

That's correct - please see the article in last week's newsletter.

3. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

Don't you have any cousins in the UK who could order them on your behalf? The turnaround will be a lot faster - less than 2 weeks.