1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Only registered members can see all the forums - if you've received an invitation to join (it'll be on your My Summary page) please register NOW!

3. If you're looking for the LostCousins site please click the logo in the top left corner - these forums are for existing LostCousins members only.
  4. This is the LostCousins Forum. If you were looking for the LostCousins website simply click the logo at the top left.
  5. It's easier than ever before to check your entries from the 1881 Census - more details here

ZoomPast

Discussion in 'Family tree programs' started by At home in NZ, Oct 28, 2019.

1. It has been suggested that Zoompast is a good place for collaboration and pooling research.

Considering I have my family tree in Ancestry and the person who has suggested ZoomPast can have access to it and I have my tree synced to FTM I cannot see the point in having my tree in 3 places.

Would welcome people's thoughts/suggestions. Thanks.

2. peter

peter Administrator Staff Member

I've never heard of Zoompast, but there are many sites where you can upload a family tree, and if the aim is to connect with cousins then the more sites the better.

However, not all of them allow you to connect with cousins whist keeping your tree private. Genes Reunited is good for this, though it's not nearly as popular as it once was.

3. Thanks Peter.

I started my research using Genes Reunited then found Ancestry which I looked upon as far superior to Genes. Genes has since upped its game but I'm not tempted to revert because I like the ability to look at other people's trees, even if they are shambolic!

I can still keep my Ancestry tree private and share it with others and there is the option of not allowing them to see living people. I'll probably stick with that.